Friday, May 30, 2008

STOP MAKING EXCUSES


Luke 14:16-24/ Prov 26:13

13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.

Prov 26:13 (KJV)

Do you like getting invitations?
In our household, we have been inundated with invitations. It’s exciting. There are invitations to weddings, engagement parties, birthday parties and wedding anniversaries.

A millionaire decided to throw a big, fabulous, wonderful party, and invited all his friends. He carefully sent out invitations. The day of the party, he called up his friends and said, "Everything's all set, come on by!"

But everyone began to make excuses. The first said, "I'm buying a house and I need to get it inspected. Sorry, I can't come."

Another said, "I just bought a new car, and I need to test drive it. Sorry, I can't make it."

Another said, "I just got married and we're just too busy now. Sorry, I can't make it after all."

The millionaire got very angry. So now he sent out invitations to the entire city, inviting the street people and all the sick people from the hospitals. And still there was room at the party, so he hired people to bring in everyone they could off the street, so that his party would not go to waste.

And none of the people who were originally invited got to enjoy that party.

“-The Parable of the Great Banquet’- People were invited for a banquet but the invitee made an excuse.

ü The first one said “The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. (Luke 14:18)- He made an excuse that he bought a land and he has to go and see it. How come “without seeing how can anyone buy a land- He made an excuse of a land. He was working on the success of his life.( Business & Carreer excuses)

ü The second persons saidAnd another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. “ (vs 19) - He made an excuse that he bought oxen and how come without proving it he bought oxen -Livelihood is based on oxen.- value material things and the things of this world more than God ( Financial excuses)

ü The third person said - And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. (vs 20) - I am married so I cannot come. He could have brought along his wife. – His relationship with people above God. ( Family responsibility)

All of them made an excuse. I am not willing to change. The Devil cannot do anything unless you give him power and authority. The result of excuses is failure. You will fail!

Moses too made excuses which we find in Exodus 3:10>

1. Inadequacy: Look at my own inability. God knew that Moses had the ability to do it.

2. Insufficiency- Insufficiency to speak to people

3. Weakness; Excuses that he is too weak to lead people

4. Low self esteem

Stop making excuses. Excuses are an enemy to make change. If you are willing to make change then stop with excuses. Do something that you have in your hand and stop making excuses. The ten virgins were late in storing something ahead of time.

Let me share with you 7 excuses that could cause you to miss heaven

1. Everybody is doing it- Rom 12:2

2. Time have changed- Time have changed but the word of God haven’t

3. I don’t believe what you do- you still need to be born again

4. It does not matter as long as you are sincere- Faith must be in Jesus.

5. I don’t understand- I don’t understand the intricacy of electricity but I believe it.

6. I put it off later (procrastinate)- I am young but do it later; The Rich man and Lazarus

7. Just too bad- I am just too bad ( I Tim 1:15) we blame our past and make excuses

Stop make excuses! God is calling you to a banquet but we make excuses

Excuses are nothing but nails to build house of failure

No comments: